So, I took Charlotte up on her challenge for the four things that she got memed for.
Four Jobs I’ve Had:
(aside from the unexciting corporate jobs I’ve had over the past 12 years)
* Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Columbia, MD! Yes ladies and gents, I was that poor high school chick that you saw in the front of the store trying to talk down an 80 year old because there was a tear in her 300 thread count, egyptian sheets.
* Athletic Tutor. College Park, MD. Yes ladies, I did tutor not only Tahj Holden, but Juan Dixon, Steve Blake, and a couple others of College Park Athletics fame. I even had a date with the kicker! I didn’t know it was a date though.
* Real estate research photographer. Bethesda, MD. Yes folks, they sent me out into the big bad world with a tremendous Olympus zoom camera, three speeds, digital. They also gave me a computer, a GPS, and a truck. I proceeded to sit in traffic for hours and hours on end. I covered all of Northern VA, DC, and most of Maryland. Do you know what we have a lot here? Yup. Traffic. Last year we surpassed LA in traffic. Yummy. I crashed the truck three times. Although to this day my father swears it has the same wheel base as my little car…suuuuuuuuuure.
* Research Technician, Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory. Baltimore, MD. I always felt a bit like Frankenstein in this job. I irradiated cells, sat in lead encased rooms a lot.
Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over:
* The Princess Bride
* Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (that wasn’t)
* The Goonies
Four Places I’ve Lived:
* Columbia, MD
* Mt. Vernon, Baltimore, MD
* Lanham-Seabrook, MD
* College Park, MD
(I had to stretch that one)
Four Three TV Shows I Like:
* American Gladiators ( I can’t help it!)
* Big Bang Theory
* Jon and Kate Plus 8 (makes me glad I don’t have children yet)
* Real World
(I don’t have cable these days so I was hard pressed to even think of 3 shows.)
Four Favorite Foods:
* Chicken and Dumplings per D. Wilson’s recipe
* Crabs, Gunning’s or Obreckyi’s. Both in the area, both FABU! Gunnings, Hanover, MD; Obreckyi’s, Baltimore, MD…5th year in the row…best crabs in Baltimore!
* Anything on the menu at Rosemary’s Thyme Bistro, Dupont Circle, Washington DC
* I’m dying to try the Fish Market, Old Town Alexandria, VA
(It was hard to think of just 4. I picked 4 recent favorites. Not my 4 all-time favorites, though.)
Four Places I’d Rather Be:
* Lookin’ for an apartment WITH the bf instead of FOR the bf in the Windy City
* in my bed
I am not going to tag anyone, but if you want to play along, just paste the meme into your own blog or an email and change the answers to suit your own favorites. You know how these thangs work by now!